Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Deuce - "Nine Lives" Review

Deuce "Nine Lives" Review:
**Like us on FACEBOOK**




“RELEASE THE KRAKEN!”

The first words you will hear on this album and in a way it sums up Nine Lives. Deuce has come out of the gate with a beast of an album. It’s his first major release since he and Hollywood Undead parted ways a few years back, but he seems to be picking up right where he left off.
The album manages to boast several guest appearances from fellow artists and friends of Deuce, such as: Jeffree Star, Truth, Travie McCoy, Skee-Lo , Gadget, Veze Skante, and Ronnie Radke. Luckily the blend of all these artists works and helps keep each song from sounding like the one before it.
Lyrically, the album is full of energy and emotion. Songs like “I Came To Party”, “The One”, “Nobody Likes Me”, and “Walk Alone” stand out and Deuce does a great job displaying his emotion in each one. I can actually say I didn’t really dislike any song on the album. The only thing that stuck out in my mind was that “Till I Drop” seems to remind me of the beat and flow of Eminem’s verse from the song “Forever”. But I’m not really saying that’s a bad thing, because it isn’t.
Regardless of if you’ve been a fan of Deuce since his early days or if you’re just getting into him, I believe you will like this album, maybe even surprised by it. It has party songs, hate filled songs, and some emotional songs. Basically something for however listeners are feeling, so check it out as soon as it's available!
Score: 4.5/5
Release Date: April 24th, 2012
Standout Songs: “I Came To Party”, “The One”, “Nobody Likes Me”, and “Walk Alone”

No comments:

Post a Comment